Cucumber & Brussels Salad + Turkey Quesadilla
The whole reason I started a blog 4 years ago was to share my fitness & nutrition tips… but I *mostly* shared my healthy eating recipes because…. who doesn’t like food? And who doesn’t like HEALTHY recipes that are simple, quick, easy and delicious? (Disclaimer: everyone’s “version” of healthy is slightly different — I will share what I consider to be good, healthy choices 🙂 )
I’ve gotten away from sharing my recipes, but I’m making it a point to bring them back to you. My ‘typical’ meal is super easy to fix and requires minimal ingredients, mostly because I don’t like dealing with several ingredients. So if you’re like me and ALSO like eating healthy, hopefully I can provide you with some good ideas to make YOUR mouth & body happy!
Kicking it off with last night’s dinner:
CUCUMBER + BRUSSELS SALAD & TURKEY QUESADILLA
* 1/2 cup Kale Chopped Salad Kit (pre-made mix of kale, brussels sprouts & cabbage)
* 1/2 English Cucumber, chopped
* 1/4 Avocado
* 1Tbsp. Feta
* 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
* 2 Tbsp. Light Balsamic Vinaigrette (I used Ken’s brand)
* 1 Flat-Out (Multigrain w/ Flax, 100 calories per flat-out)
* 7oz. Raw 93% Lean Ground Turkey (cooked in pan with nonstick spray)
* 1/2 Slice Havarti cheese (I used Boar’s Head brand)
* 3 Tbsp. Buffalo Sauce (I used Frank’s brand)
* 1 Tbsp. Ranch
For the salad, I piled everything in a bowl, topped with Balsamic dressing & mixed well.
For the quesadilla, I cooked the ground turkey first & set it aside. I then put the flat-out in a large pan with nonstick spray, medium heat. Assemble the ground turkey on half of the flat-out. Pour on buffalo sauce & top with cheese. Fold over the other half to make a quesadilla. Cook about 3 minutes on one side, then flip (carefully) and cook for another 3 minutes (estimate) on the other. The goal is to slightly brown the outside of the flat-out and warm the dish together. When done, drizzle with ranch.
Posted byin |